Sorry but our 2022 Beginners Courses are now all full.
Have you have been inspired by the Olympics, or fancy yourself as the next Hawkeye or Katnis.
Maybe you have previously attended a Taster/Have a go session or tried Archery whilst on holiday. Either way we welcome everyone young or old who wants to try out archery with a view to taking it up as a hobby or sport.
The beginner’s Course takes place over four sessions of approximately three hour outdoor sessions at the Bowmen of Warfield field. You will need to attend all four sessions to in order to complete the course.
Successful course members are usually invited to join the club, however the club reserves the right not to offer membership at its discretion.
If it is necessary to cancel a lesson due to bad weather then it will be made up at a later date.
Our Archery GB (GNAS) qualified Coaches will teach you the right technique and ensure that you know how to shoot safely. We’ll also tell you all about target archery including
- Safety, etiquette and the rules of shooting
- Shooting rounds and scoring
- The handicap and classification scheme
- Introduce you to all the Bow Styles
- We provide all the equipment so there is no need to buy anything.
Bowmen of Warfield Archery Beginners course costs are shown on the applicaiton form. Please see application form section below.
There is a deposit payable on registration and a full balance due at least one week prior to course starting.
Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions for booking and attending a course these are detailed below.
Please make cheques payable to: “Bowmen of Warfield”. If you would rather pay via Bank Transfer please contact email@example.com for details.
We welcome juniors from aged 10 and above onto the beginner’s course. Parents/Carers/Guardians please be aware that Archery does require discipline as well as commitment and enthusiasm we may ask Juniors to complete a suitability assessment, this is a very laid back hour with our coaches more a have-a-go than anything. In exceptional circumstances if a Junior is unable to shoot and use all the equipment safely then it may be necessary to advise that they cannot continue the course, in such circumstances course fees will be refunded.
Be aware that all juniors attending a course are required to be under the supervision of a Parent, Carer or Guardian at all times. All young people are regarded as juniors until they reach their 18th Birthday (No Exceptions) you cannot drop your son or daughter off to attend a course, so when booking for juniors please be aware you will have to attend all the sessions with them.
Clothing & Footwear
You must wear closed in shoes, no flip-flops, open-toed sandals or heels allowed. Trainers or walking shoes are preferred.
You should wear comfortable but close-fitting clothing. Preferably please wear a tight fitted long sleeve top.
In particular, it’s important that you avoid wearing loose clothing. Don’t wear jumpers or jackets with baggy sleeves as the bowstring tends to catch on them and spoil your shot! You may need to tie back long hair.
If it’s chilly, it’s better to wear several thin layers rather than one bulky one and perhaps bring a woolly hat.
Sorry all our 2022 Beginners courses are now full.
Places are limited and each year we have a waiting list of people wishing to attend our courses. If you wish to get your name on to the waiting list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once all the places for this course is full then it is unlikely there will any more courses until next year.
Please email us in case of queries or if you would like to be put onto our waiting list for next year (2023).
Please contact email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- An application form must be completed and sent to the membership secretary to register for a place on the course
- Your deposit must be paid to secure your place 6 weeks before the start of the course. Your place may be reassigned if this deposit is not received.
- The entire course fee must be paid in full prior to the start of the first session.
- Once the course has commenced all course fees are non-refundable.
- Each course will normally comprise 4 sessions of 2 – 3 hours spread over a period of 2 – 3 weeks. Students must attend all planned sessions in order to complete the course, they will not be able to defer a session or arrange catch up sessions.
- All medical conditions relevant to participating safely in the sport of archery must be disclosed on the course application form, at the time of application. (We do not discriminate on any medical condition we only require this information to ensure that relevant safety measures are in place for all course attendees. All medical information relevant to you completing a course is held in the strictest confidence and is only disclosed to the coaches/helpers teaching you).
- Attending a Beginners course does not automatically entitle you to membership of the Bowmen of Warfield Archery club. Rather, membership is by invitation upon full and successful completion of a Beginners course.
- All juniors (under 18) attending must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must remain present throughout the duration of each session of the course.
- All coaching and shooting will be strictly in accordance with Archery GB (GNAS) rules, regulations and practice. Any contravention of shooting or safety rules could result in immediate suspension from the lesson.
- The Bowmen of Warfield reserve the right to exclude students from a Beginners course altogether should they persistently disobey the safety instructions or Rules of Shooting.
- The Bowmen of Warfield cannot accept any responsibility for damage or injury sustained whilst entering, or leaving, the ground.
After The Course
Once you have completed the course and you have being invited to become a member, the coaches will be on hand to guide you through the next phase of your archery life. To begin we have created a handy New Members Handbook, which you can download here, which explains how the club and archery in general works, amongst other things.
You can also record important information in the booklet.
Of course, if you have any questions, just approach a coach or a member of the club who will be only too happy to explain things.