Below is the job role for the Club Secretary
The role is as an officer of the club and as such has a responsibility to act in a professional and fair manner. See archery GB code of conduct for club officials attached
The responsibility of the club secretary is to:
- Co-ordinate the affairs of the club on behalf of the management committee and club members.
- The postal address of the club is that of the current secretary.
- Convene all committee meetings of which there should be a minimum of four per year in line with club constitution.
- Keep minutes of all meetings (AGM’s, EGM’s, Committee meetings etc.)
- Publish agenda for all club meetings inclusive of requested items by club and committee members.
- Be the point of contact for GNAS/Archery GB/County & Region
- Keep committee members and club members informed of all governance changes directed by our governing bodies which may affect membership and the running of the club
- Be responsible in answering enquires from the public and other sporting/governing bodies on behalf of the club.
- Co-ordinate the annual club calendar
- Keep Governance notice boards upto date and ensure meeting minutes are published and available to all members.
- Administer the booking of club archery “Have a Go’s”
- Administer the club beginner’s course waiting list
- Administer the booking of club beginner’s courses in co-ordination with the club Head Coach and the Bow coaching Group
- Administer Top Club Coach vote
- Communicate with the club membership, co-ordinate and send out club emails as requested by club committee members as required
- Represent the club at County meetings or nominate another member of the management committee in his/her absence.
- Be responsible for convening the club AGM in accordance with the current club constitution.
- Be responsible for convening a club EGM as requested by the management committee in accordance with the current club constitution.
- Maintain the Club membership excel database for the Senior club, Junior Club & Associate Club.
- Maintain and administrate the club gate key register. Maintain a stock of club gate keys re-ordering when required.
- Complete relevant membership paperwork to send to Archery GB (GNAS), Berkshire Archery Association and Southern Counties Archery Association. This is ongoing all year round as new full members join the club.
- Administer membership renewal and ensure the club return is sent in annually, to meet Archery GB (GNAS) deadline.
- Report the club membership status at every committee meeting
- Maintain membership forms for the Senior, Junior & Associate Club. Update these forms as new information is required.
- Complete membership assessments in order for Associate members to join or people wish to re-join the club
- Be available to attend the club on a regular basis to complete membership documentation with new joiners and accept payment
- Liaise with Club Treasurer to pass on monies and payments taken
- Liaise with Webmaster to ensure an up to date email list is in use.
- Report membership status at the club Annual General Meeting
- Maintain an up to date list of members for the club notice board
- Keep good accurate records
- Present a Statement of activity by the club at the Annual General Meeting.
- Be responsible for convening meetings for Complaints and Appeals to be heard.
- Maintain club incident log.
- Be avaiable to assist the trustees of the club who hold the field lease in negotiating the lease when up for renewal. This commences 1 year prior to the expiry date of the current lease.
- Work with the Webmaster and other committee members to ensure all information about the club is accurate and kept upto date on the club website.
- Work closely with the club Membership Secretary and Club Treasurer
- Keep all appropriate club records – Note: The treasurer, records officer and other officers of the club are also responsible in keeping appropriate records.
- Co-ordinate and check that the Indoor venue is booked for the annual 20 week shoot
- Ensure a smooth handover when term of office ends
The needs of the club may dictate what is required of the club secretary and therefore this list is not exhaustive.
It should be noted that the Secretary does not make decisions or decide club policy alone this is the responsibility of the club committee as a whole.