APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 BEGINNERS COURSE ARE NOW CLOSED, ALL PLACES ARE FILLED.
We are now running a waiting list for next year, but If you wish to recive one to one training contact Jeff via the mail address at the bottom of the page and we will see if we can accomodate you.
If you have been inspired by the 2016 Olympics and Archery as a sport interests you and you would like to find out more then perhaps a Beginner's course would be for you. Maybe you have previously attended a Taster/Have a go session or you have had a go at archery on an activity day or whilst on holiday. Either way we welcome everyone young or old who wants to try out archery with a view to taking it up as a hobby or sport.
We provide all the equipment so there is no need to buy anything.
Our group course consists of 4 lessons each of 120 minutes. We only run one course each year on a Saturday morning 10.am to 1.pm.
If it is necessary to cancel a lesson due to bad weather then it will be made up at a later date.
Our GNAS qualified Coaches will teach you the right technique and ensure that you know how to shoot safely. We'll also tell you all about target archery including
- Safety, etiquette and the rules of shooting
- Shooting rounds and scoring
- The handicap and classification scheme
- Introduce you to all the Bow Styles
£60 per person for juniors and Adults. £20 Non refundable deposit when you register. £40 payable one week prior to start of course. Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions for booking and attending a course these are detailed below.
Clothing & Footwear
Please wear closed in shoes no flip-flops or open toed sandals or heels allowed. Trainers or walking shoes are preferred.
You should wear comfortable but close-fitting clothing. Preferably please wear a tight fitted long sleeve top.
In particular it's important that you avoid wearing loose clothing don't wear jumpers or jackets with baggy sleeves as the bow string tends to catch on them and spoil your shot!
If it's chilly it's better to wear several thin layers rather than one bulky one and perhaps bring a woolly hat.
Places are limited and each year we have a waiting list of people waiting to attend our courses.
Firstly please check out the dates of the courses detailed below and ensure you can attend all 4 sessions. We will not offer places to anyone who cannot attend all 4 sessions.
To book a place on one of our courses you need to complete the application form attached (one form for everyone wishing to attend) and post it to our club secretary along with your £20 per person deposit. Your application will be acknowledged via email upon receipt to confirm your place on the course you have requested.
If the course you have requested is already full you will be advised immediately and your deposit will be returned.
We only run two group courses per year during April/May. Through experience we have learnt that attending a course during the summer or winter months allows for a limited outdoor enjoyment of the Sport, and does not give us sufficient time to introduce you to all aspects of the club and be able to offer ongoing coaching.
Course Dates for 2017
2017 course dates :March 25th, April 1st, April 8th , April 22nd , Stylist on April 29th .
Please remember you must be available to attend all 4 weeks of the course.
On Week 1 only you will be asked to attend the club half an hour before the start of the course for equipment allocation.
We welcome juniors from aged 8 and above onto the beginner's course. Parents/Carers/Guardians please be aware that Archery does require discipline as well as commitment and enthusiasm. In exceptional circumstances if a Junior is unable to shoot and use all the equipment safely then it may be necessary to advise that they cannot continue the course, in such circumstances course fees will be refunded.
Be aware that all juniors attending a course are required to be under the supervision of a Parent, Carer or Guardian at all times. All young people are regarded as juniors until they reach their 18th Birthday (No Exceptions) you cannot drop your son or daughter off to attend a course, so when booking for juniors please be aware you will have to attend all the sessions with them.
Terms & Conditions
- An application form must be completed and posted to the club secretary along with your deposit fee in order to book a place on a course.
- All medical conditions relevant to participating safely during the sport of archery must be disclosed on the course application form, at the time of application. (We do not discriminate on any medical condition we only require this information to ensure that relevant safety measures are in place for all course attendees. All medical information relevant to you completing a course is held in the strictest confidence and is only disclosed to the coaches/helpers teaching you).
- The balance of the course fee must be paid in full prior to the start of the first lesson.
- Beginner's course fees are non-refundable.
- Attending a Beginner's course does not automatically entitle you to membership of the Bowmen of Warfield Archery club.
- All juniors attending must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must remain present throughout the duration of each session of the course.
- All coaching and shooting will be strictly in accordance with GNAS rules, regulations and practice. Any contravention of shooting or safety rules will result in immediate suspension from the lesson.
- The Bowmen of Warfield cannot accept any responsibility for damage, loss or injury sustained whilst at the range or when entering, or leaving, the ground.
- The Bowmen of Warfield reserve the right to exclude students from a beginners course should they persistently disobey the safety instructions or Rules of Shooting.
- Membership of the Bowmen of Warfield Junior and Senior Archery club is at invitation on the full completion of a Beginners course.
2017 course now full. 2018 waiting list is in operation
Please email your details to be added to the waiting list.
Please make cheques payable to: "Bowmen of Warfield"
If you require any further information not detailed on this page then please feel free to contact Jeff by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org